ACM commissioned with the revison of the butt end reducer
On a total area of approx. 70,000 m², our customer - the sawmill Gebr. Eigelshoven - produces high-quality structural timber, solid building timber, dimension timber, bulk squared timber and various wood materials and also offers various forms of wood finishing.
As part of the log yard renewal, ACM has completely revised the butt end reducer. The butt end reducer – a central component of the overall conveyor system - mills the wood circumference of the trunk base swelling in the lower area of the log down to the specified diameter. The butt end reducer had suffered greatly due to high stress and required an all-round overhaul and optimisation.
The ACM mission in detail:
- Basic cleaning of the installation
- Disassembly of the plant into all individual parts
- Cleaning of all parts
- Checking all components for signs of wear (incl. hydraulic parts, hoses, valves, cylinders, seals, bearings, slewing rings, belts and pulleys, etc.)
- Determination of the required spare parts
- Modifications, adaptations, optimisations agreed with the customer (e.g. ventilation duct, axles and bearing seat of the milling shaft, fixing on base frame, etc.)
- Painting work
- Assembly and function test
- Commissioning on site
We would like to thank our customer, the sawmill and timber trade Gebr. Eigelshoven, for this exciting order and wish the company many more successful years.